The fiduciary services industry in the Isle of Man is well established and the Isle of Man can rightly claim to be a centre of excellence for company and trust administration services.
There are over 200 licensed Corporate and Trust Service Providers (CSP's and TSP's) who provide a full range of company and trust services to entities incorporated in the Isle of Man plus other offshore jurisdictions. The incorporation of companies and the provision of services to companies and trusts in the Isle of Man generally is regulated by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission.
The Isle of Man offers an excellent location for trusts as it is a common law jurisdiction and has adopted the principles of Equity as they developed in the English courts.
It also has a number of corporate law statutes which co-exist to provide a choice of corporate form. These include:
- The Companies Act 1931-2004
- The Limited Liability Companies Act 1996 and 1999
- The Companies Act 2006
Why choose Isle of Man for Fiduciary Services?
- Modern and flexible companies legislation
- Tax efficiency
- International standards of regulation and supervision
- Choice of 200 licensed company and trust services providers
- Modern companies registry
- Cost competitive services and operating environment
- Highly developed telecoms infrastructure
- Diversified international finance industry including banking, investment, insurance and pension sectors along with attendant legal and accounting expertise
- Politically stable
- Economically stable
- European time zone (GMT)